4-12-20, Minami-Azabu, Minato-ku,
Tokyo 106-0047, Japan
(03) 3440-7871 (Switchboard Operator)
Call from Outside Japan: 81-3-3440-7871
(CML) (03) 3440-7824
U.S. Naval Joint Services Activity
The New Sanno
Unit 45003, APO AP 96337-5003
229-7220 / 7231 Front Desk
229-8111 (Switchboard Operator)
- TDY from outside Japan on per diem for lodging in Tokyo
- TDY from within Japan on per diem for lodging in Tokyo
- PCS to/from Japan on per diem for lodging in Tokyo
- Leave, Vacation or TDY without per-diem
|Active Duty||Only SOFA
(AR, NV, AF, MC, CG)
|Retiree from Active Duty|
|DAV (Disable Veterans)||DD-Form 1173 or 2765||DD-Form 1173 or 2765||DD-Form 1173 or 2765|
|Dependent of Retired Reservist||Must be accompanied by Sponsor|
with Valid ID
|Retired Dependent||Must be accompanied by Sponsor|
|Widow (URW) or Widower||
with Valid ID
|Active National Guard||On official orders or EML orders to JAPAN||On official orders or EML orders to JAPAN||On official orders or EML orders to JAPAN||On official orders or EML orders to JAPAN|
|Active Reservist||Active Duty Orders and Valid ID to Japan||Only SOFA
|DoD Civilians Stationed in Japan DoD Civilians Dependent Stationed in Japan||Only SOFA
|DoD Contractors Stationed in Japan DoD Contractors Dependent Stationed in Japan|
|US Embassy Personnel Stationed in Japan|
|US Embassy Personnel Dependent Stationed in Japan||#1
|US Embassy Personnel from outside Japan||On official orders or EML orders to JAPAN||On official orders or EML orders to JAPAN||On official orders or EML orders to JAPAN||On official orders or EML orders to JAPAN||On official orders or EML orders to JAPAN|
|DoD Civilians/ Contractors from outside Japan||On official orders or EML orders to JAPAN||On official orders or EML orders to JAPAN||On official orders or EML orders to JAPAN||On official orders or EML orders to JAPAN||On official orders or EML orders to JAPAN|
|Non-DoD||On Travel orders to Japan||On Travel orders to Japan||On Travel orders to Japan|
#1: Visitors must produce a valid ID with photograph when requested by a New Sanno official. Visitors without a means of positive identification and/or proof of legal age will not be admitted to any hotel facility. (The legal age for active duty U.S. military personnel is 20 years of age, the legal age for individuals covered by Japanese law is 20 years of age.) Legal age for liquor purchase is 20.
As of 2 Feb ,2015
Room Capacity Limitations
Reservation requests which exceed the normal bed capacity of a guest room will not be accepted. Applicants will be required to take additional guest rooms whenever there are more people in a family or party than one room can accommodate based upon the type and number of beds, age and family relationships of the patron and guests.
|Room Type||Maximum Capacity|
|[SQ] Single||Up to 2 individual
Queen Bed with Shower ( No Bath Tub )
|[DB] Double||3 adults or up to family of 4
Queen Bed and Sleeper Sofa Bed with Bath / Shower
|[TW] Twin||Up to 2 adults
Two Twin Beds with Bath / Shower
|[FR] Family Rooms||Up to family of 5 ( families only)
Single Room with Queen Bed and Shower and Connecting Two Twin Bed Rooms with Bath
|[KS] King Suite||Up to 4 adults or family of 5
King Bed and Sleeper Sofa Bed with Bath / Shower
|[TS] Twin Suite||Up to 4 adults or family of 5
Two Twin Beds and Sleeper Sofa Bed with Bath / Shower
|[JS] Japanese Suite||Up to 3 persons 10 years of age or older
Japanese-Style Bedding on floor with Deep Well Bath; View of Japanese Garden
* A fee of 100% of room rate will be charged per night per room for over capacity.
Guest Room Rates
|Rank||Junior Grade||Mid-Grade||Senior Grade||All Civilian|
|E6 – O3
|O4 – O10||Retiree|
|WO1 – WO5
|Japanese Suite **||$95||$105||$120||$120|
* Complimentary baby cribs are available
** Japanese suite features traditional Japanese futon bedding.
*** The above room rates are effective from November 1st, 2017.
**** Room rates are subject to change without notice.
- Individual room Reservations can be made up to six months in advance per availability.
- We require notification seven days prior to avoid a late cancellation charge.
Nov 1, 2017
Limited Number of Rooms Per Visit
Sponsors are limited to 3 rooms per visit (sponsor room and two house guest rooms), unless arranged in advance as part of a special event such as a wedding, etc.
Guarantee Deposit Requirements
Accommodation requests must be guaranteed with any Major Credit Card (VISA, Master Card, American Express or Discover) or one night room payment within 14 days of the scheduled arrival.
Please note that due to occupancy demand, reservations not guaranteed by an advance deposit or credit card may be pre-empted by a guaranteed reservation anytime within 14 days of the scheduled arrival.
Credit Card Type:
Cancellations and No-Show Charge
Deposits are refundable when a cancellation notice is received at least 7 days prior to the scheduled check-in date. Guaranteed NO-SHOWS will forfeit the related cash deposit, or receive a no-show charge on the credit card used. Please note that a guaranteed reservation will not be held past 10:00 p.m. unless precise late arrival information is provided.
Upon check-in, guests will be asked to initial the check-out date for verification. Following check-in, any requests for an earlier check-out date will incur a fee equal to 50% of applicable room rate for the cancelled period.
Check-in And Check-out Times
Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. daily. Due to occupancy demand, early arrivals cannot be assured, but will be accommodated whenever possible.
Check-out time is prior to 11:00 a.m.. Approval of a late check-out is based on availability of rooms and cannot be assured prior to check-out date. Arrangements for late check-out must be made in advance with the Front Desk. Late check out between 11:00 – 12:00 will be charged a quarter of the room rate and the full rate for check-outs after 12:00 p.m..
Complimentary luggage storage is available with the Bell Desk.
Sponsors must be registered and in the hotel at the same time as House Guests, as well as assume responsibility for all their obligations and charges during such occupancy.
The New Sanno has limited parking available on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking overnight is only permitted for overnight guests.
There are various parking areas in close proximity to The New Sanno available for a charge. Day parking at The New Sanno while not using The New Sanno facilities is not permitted.
Unattended Minors Policy
The New Sanno staff is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all of our guests, and strictly adheres to an Unaccompanied Minor Policy.
- All minors must be properly supervised by a legal sponsor. Guests under the age of 16 will not be allowed unaccompanied access to The New Sanno. Guests 16 and older will only be allowed unaccompanied access to The New Sanno if 1) they are registered guests, and 2) they possess a valid dependent ID, and 3) they possess a valid New Sanno Guest pass authorized at check-in by their legal sponsor.
- The safety and well-being of our guests and associates is our top priority. As such, please understand we must check all occupied rooms on a daily basis. Each room displaying a “DO NOT DISTURB” sign will be contacted first by phone, and if there is no answer we will visually inspect the guest room. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Dress and Appearance
- All common areas of The New Sanno (not to include guest rooms) are considered public, and all authorized guests are to be compliant with COMNAVFORJAPANINST 1020.3B CIVILIAN CLOTHING REGU LATION/ POLICY which outlines that dress and appearance must be non-offensive, neat, clean and appropriate to time, place and function. Moreover, that fishnets, tank tops, undershirts or undergarments worn as outerwear, and men’s sleeveless tops are prohibited. Outer garments bearing obscene, discriminatory or with offensive designs or language are not allowed.
- At the Pool, appropriate clothing helps maintain a safe environment. Swimmers must wear regulation swimsuits, no cut off shorts, denim, workout clothes allowed. As a family-friendly hotel, please abide by aforementioned guidelines in accordance with CNFJ Policy 1020.3B to promote an environment enjoyed by all customers.
- At the Fitness Center, a proper Dress Code helps prevent injury, protect equipment from damage and again helps us maintain the positive environment sought. Tank tops, sleeveless shirts, and cap sleeves are not permitted. Jeans, skirts, or dresses are not to be worn in the Fitness Center. Please be sure to wear proper athletic shoes that are clean and tied. Open backed shoes, sandals, flip-flops, boots, or bare feet are not allowed.
- Appropriate cover-up and footwear is required while going to or coming from the pool for all customers. Workout clothing, sweaty or soiled attire are not to be worn in any of the public areas unless going directly to or from the Fitness Facility (not to be worn in restaurants, lounge, coffee shop, retail shops).
- Our fine dining restaurant, Wellington’s, requires appropriate dress for all customers. Wellington’s does not require a jacket or tie for gentlemen, however, for both men and women, smart casual attire minimum is required. For example; we do not permit t-shirts, shorts, sandals, torn, faded or frayed clothing.
- Additionally for all Restaurants/Bar and Banquet Functions (including Sunday Brunch): Casual headwear including Baseball (Sports) hats, bandanas, stocking caps, outdoor knit caps are not permitted. Female fashion head cover accessories for outfits, dress hats and scarves, excluding the above “casual headwear” are permitted, as well as medically or religious required covers.
- For special events, attire is as specified for the event.
- APO / Pack and Wrap
- Copy Service
- Information and Tour Desk
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
- TV Viewing Area
- Gift & Sundry Shops
- Cyber Cafe
- Reservations Hotline Desk
- Laundry / Dry Cleaning
- Fitness Facilities
- Vending Machines
- Strollers / Wheelchair
- Luggage Transport / Storage & Taxi Service
- Self-Service Coin Laundry
- Wireless internet access